Affordable Housing HISA
A safe and secure
way to manage your savings
VCIB’s Affordable Housing HISA protects your organization’s savings from market volatility, so you can earn a stable, predictable return. You’ll get a prime-linked rate and can access your funds whenever you need them–without penalty. Plus, all of your deposits help finance mission-driven projects in your community.
- Premium interest rate.
- Fully liquid account, meaning you can access your savings whenever you need.
- Secure your principal from the volatility of the market.
- A variable interest rate ensures you benefit if the prime rate increases.
- Deposits are eligible for CDIC deposit insurance.
- 100% of Affordable Housing HISA deposits contribute to affordable and sustainable communities in Canada.
- Available exclusively to non-profit affordable housing providers.
- Features a variable interest rate.
- Prime less 1.85%.
- No management fees.
- Interest paid monthly.
- 5 free outgoing transactions per month, $5 for each additional transaction.
- Minimum of $50,000 per depositor account.
Download ourto learn more or contact us to get started.
We put your savings to work for positive change.
VCIB is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vancity Credit Union, a values-based financial co–operative. With more than 543,000 members and $28.2 billion in assets, plus assets under administration, Vancity is Canada’s largest community credit union.
VCIB is a Schedule 1 chartered bank operating under federal guidelines and regulated by the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions.
A B Corp’s™ purpose is to create social and financial value. To belong, they must meet high standards of transparency and accountability, and create positive social and environmental benefit.
VCIB belongs to the Global Alliance for Banking on Values, an international network of banking leaders who make social and environmental change a part of their financial model.